Saturday, July 03, 2004

It doesn't get much worse than this folks.

Don't read this one if you have a weak stomach or strong sense of patriotism. When I saw the headline that Saudis prisoners were being returned I was probably influenced by having seen Fahrenheit 9/11 last night. I just assumed that since the Bush administration looked so bad for letting Saudis leave the country right after September 11 that their friends in Riyadh had sent some guys over here to shore things up a bit. Silly me. We are sending people we think are dangerous from Guantanamo back to Saudi Arabia and it isnt clear they won't just release them. The reason, to spring some Brits we suspect were tortured into falsely confessing in Saudi Arabia. I guess this tells us who is really in charge. Where are all the Republicans that were complaining of Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home