Friday, September 30, 2005

Give me everything or I will take nothing or don't go telling me I can't torture people

That is the bottom line for the president. The Defense appropriation from Congress is short 7 billion versus what Bush asked for. In addition, there is the possibility that the bill will contain wording that about how prisoners should be treated and that WE should set up a commission to investigate how we have treated prisoners. Bush will have none of it, he says he will veto it. He will not allow an investigation and he demands all the money.

The ironic thing is that the Republicans accuse the Democrats of being partisan. Is there ANY REASON AT ALL for the Republicans to tolerate this from Bush other than blind partisanship. If they have any sense that they are even a functioning part of government they would call his bluff, and override a veto. Not holding my breath, I dont think they are up to it. And in reference to my post of earlier this evening, this is an issue the Democrats should be all over instead of being all over Bill Bennett. This one matters. From my perspective, Bill Bennett stopped mattering a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home